When you hear the terms “employer branding” and “recruitment marketing,” you may think that they are the same, right? However, they are different from each other. Employer branding will refer to the employer brand. Through recruitment marketing, brands can be promoted through the different available channels.
Different strategies can be done to make these two things work. HR can come up with ways so that they can work well to have a great campaign. What are the possible good things that may occur? Expect the following:
- Reach your target market
- Attract the right talents to apply for the job positions that you are offering.
- Improve your recruitment skills.
What is Recruitment Marketing?
Recruitment marketing is known to be the process by which the company will be promoted towards top talents. These are people who can become very helpful to the company. Recruitment marketing also deals with goal definition or knowing what the company would like to achieve. Then, once the goals have been set, people can now be directed towards reaching those goals. It will help to have talent pool management software to monitor the different candidates applying for the job positions you will offer.
You need to know the right steps so that you can do recruitment marketing properly, such as the following:
- Make sure that employees will always be engaging. Give them the right methods to communicate with you and with each other.
- The job postings and openings should be clear and direct to the point. Remember that there are some people who will try to apply even when they do not meet all of the requirements. The clearer the things that you require from applicants, the better the applicants are going to be.
- Writing engaging content is going to be important. It does not seem important initially, but some people may check out your company because of your content. If they feel like you can offer products they need in their daily lives, they would love to learn more about you. A lot of them would aim to work for you.
A lot of companies are doing recruitment marketing now instead of just marketing. They feel like this saves them a lot of time. They are trying to hire people who can work for the company for the long term.
Knowing More Details About Employer Branding
Now that you have become more familiar with recruitment marketing, now is the time for you to know more details about employer branding. Employer branding means that you are trying to improve your image to potential candidates so that you will appear desirable. The more that people like what your company can offer, the more that they would love to work for you.
These are the steps that you have to take to make this possible:
- Make sure that you are familiar with the mission, vision, and overall goals of the company. It is not enough that you know what your company is like. All of your employees should be familiar with the branding as well.
- Allow your employees to be happy with the compensation that you can give them. Let candidates know what your employees get. This way, they would aspire to become a part of your company. Sometimes, the rewards that can be offered by your company can be enough to motivate your employees.
- Identify the type of candidates that you would like to attract. Let people know what your work environment is so that you can attract people who can thrive well in that type of environment.
Remember that you always need to keep track of your brand’s reputation. You can check your social media pages. Take a look at the feedback that other people have given to your company. The more that you listen to people, the better that you can work on your goals.
Can You Already Tell the Difference?
The first difference is how they are going to affect the company. When you say recruitment marketing, you are more focused on promoting your company as a whole. When you say employer branding, you are more focused on improving the way that people view your company.
The second difference is how often you will make changes with the strategies that you are doing. With employer branding, you may need to stick with what you have traditionally put up. It is possible that even after 10 years, the branding will remain the same. It is different for recruitment marketing. You need to be updated with the latest trends. If there are some strategies that you have to do, make sure that you will do them immediately. The strategies will make a lot of difference.
One thing that should be remembered about these two is they need to work well together to improve the overall standing of the company. Recruitment marketing cannot exist without proper employee branding. Sometimes, employee branding can already stand alone. This means that if the company has worked on its reputation well enough, people would always aim to work for the company even without recruitment marketing.